I need help finding sponsors for prizes! Who would like to take the lead
To date, we have two prize sponsors: Rogue Wave and Nomad PHP. I think
what they’re providing is awesome, but I’d love to have some more prizes
in the mix to raffle off.
Speaking of which, I think the majority of our prizes will be handled as
a raffle, where each “good” test submission counts as an entry.
Additionally, I think we could award prizes for the following
* Individual with the most “good” test submissions
* User group with the most unique individual test submitters who have
submitted at least one “good” test submission
In addition to the categories above, I’d love to be able to provide
something special for the following:
* Each individual who submits at least one “good” test submission who
has NEVER contributed to core
Please note that I’m using the phrase “good test submission” instead of
“accepted submissions.” This is so that we aren’t limited to tests that
must be reviewed and accepted by core developers.
We need to define what “good” means:
* It must target PHP 7.0, 7.1, and/or 7.2
* It must run
* It must pass
* It must test a condition in php-src that has not been tested before
(this does not mean it cannot cover code that has been covered before,
but it must test something that hasn’t been tested before)
* Anything else?
I’ll start another thread this weekend to discuss submitting tests and
how we’ll review/judge them.